23rd September, 2014
Frank Vinnicombe, a fisherman from Mylor, had lost most of his lighting and despite visits from his energy supplier and the company responsible for the power supply to his home, he had been in this situation for weeks.
In desperation, he called Lawrence Reed on his BBC Radio Cornwall show and we heard it! As a courtesy we sent our Mr Electric Technician, Carl, to go and see if we could help solve Frank’s problem.
Carl did indeed help – the lighting faults that could be repaired were done by 5pm the same evening! We were happy we could help Frank out and get his lights back on, but next we needed to work on making his house safe.
Due to the age and condition of the existing electrical system we recommended a full electrical safety inspection. Frank’s wiring and fuse board was really dangerous and could have ended up exploding!!
If you’re worried about the safety of your electric, please call us on 01872 553898.